Cerebral Palsy Resources
The following websites contain a variety of useful resources on cerebral palsy (CP):
- A resource for CP information such as diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis
- Provides resources on topics such as Life Planning and Advocacy
- A Glossary of child disability terms
- A "Listen" function throughout the website, in which content is read out loud.
- A website dedicated to providing information about rehabilitation interventions used in the treatment of cerebral palsy
- Topics include Botulinum Toxin A, constraint therapies, horseback riding, and recreation
- For each topic, a review of the literature is provided, along with a summary written for families
- An information booklet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke in the U.S.
- Contains information on causes, diagnosis, treatments, and research; includes a glossary of terms
- Fact sheets and Video on the latest research in cerebral palsy
- The "Making it Real" series of videos feature individuals with cerebral palsy speaking on topics such as Achieving Your Goals, Everyday Challenges, Bullying, and Relationships.
- Video clip presenting an overview of cerebral palsy
- A pediatric neurologist explains the causes, symptoms, and treatment of cerebral palsy
The following documents are informational resources on stem cell treatments for CP:
- Podcast on the role of stem cells as a potential treatment for cerebral palsy - accessible via Youtube and Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology
- Fact sheet for patients and families - English or French
- Current state of stem cell treatments for cerebral palsy: A guide for patients, families, and service providers
The following newsletters were produced by Childhood Disability LINK. They are available for download in either English or French.
The following are summaries of some CP research projects that are funded by NeuroDevNet:
Summaries of other current CP research are also available at Childhood Disability Link.