Autism Spectrum Disorder Resources
The following websites contain a variety of useful resources on Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD):
- The Autism Manual for BC is available here, including chapters on the diagnostic process, medical issues in autism treatments, services, parental advocacy, and transition from school to work.
- Searchable Registry of Autism Service Providers in British Columbia
- Community Resources
- Information about educational opportunities for individuals with autism, for parents and professionals
- Information about autism, including FAQ, early warning signs, and a video glossary to help in spotting early red flags of ASD
- A national Accessing Services page with links to government-funded products and services in each province as well as special education resources.
- An extensive Resource Library for those who want to learn more about autism, browse the latest books, magazines, educational manuals, and more
- Science news, initiatives, research, clinical programs and blog posts (available via the US-based Autism Speaks Website)
- Extensive descriptions of autism characteristics, early signs, and different types of treatments
- Links to scientific evidence on a wide variety of autism topics
- Videos from the Changing the Course of Autism Conferences 2009-2013
- Extensive listing of help/resources available in provinces/territories
- Comprehensive database of articles and information about ASD
Summaries of current ASD research are also available at Childhood Disability Link