The following websites provide information and resources on childhood disabilities. For resources on specific disorders, see the links on the left-hand menu for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), cerebral palsy, and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Provides research summaries for families by a wide range of diagnoses, or by themes such as language abilities, social skills, or child behaviour.
- A source for childhood disability information, with research summaries for general childhood disability, and specifically for Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Coordination Disorder, and brain injury.
- Provides information and support to parents raising children with disabilities; includes video, news articles, and family stories on topics such as school, parenting, growing up, money, and respite
4. Brain Canada
- Provides fact sheets on neuroscience, brain research success stories, and a list of neuroscience-related academic programs at Canadian universities
- Provides information on neurodevelopmental disorders and research initiatives focusing on autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and ADHD.
- A National charity in the UK that strives to ensure the best care and support for children with a range of disablities and their families.
- In this series of videos, parents share their experiences of raising children with a disability. They discuss getting a diagnosis, finding support, education options, creating a positive family life, and more.
- Family perspectives on having a child with a disability